At the Pilon Family Funeral Home we want to help you understand what is known today as our Service Charges. To help you understand Funeral Costs we have prepared an outline of the categories that make up a funeral account. There are basically six sections that make up the total funeral service account:
(1) PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL SERVICES: This fee represents items such as Funeral Directors and staff services, Administration and Documentation. Procurement, Documentation and Registration as required by provincial and municipal legislation. Embalming, Cosmetology, Hairdressing, Dressing and Casketing of Remains. Direction of Funeral (Ontario Licensee) and or Funeral Director(s) and Assistants.
(2) FACILITIES, EQUIPMENT AND SUNDRIES: This fee represents items such as general use of the funeral home, equipment, permanent computerized record keeping, sheltering of remains and use of the preparation room and supplies, telecommunications equipment, parking facilities, cemetery set-up as well as, use of the coffee lounge, the visitation suite, the reception center, use of the chapel and equipment and/or the arrangement and set-up of details and equipment for the use of a church service or place of worship, the use of our organ, piano and/or the professional national music system, register book, acknowledgement cards, remembrance cards and proof of death certificates. This fee also includes receiving, arranging/placement of all floral tributes as well as the administration and delivery of all memorial donations received at our office.
(3) AUTOMOTIVE AND TRANSPORTATION NEEDS: This fee represents items such as: the transfer of the remains from the local place of death, the transfer of the remains to the local crematorium, a general duty vehicle, (used to obtain documents,permits, delivery of floral and memorial donations, coroner's consultation for cremation certificate,etc). On the day of the funeral service we normally provide (unless we are told differently) vehicles for the Clergy/Lead, the Pallbearers, the Funeral Coach (Hearse) and a vehicle for up to seven Family members.
(4) : CASH DISBURSEMENTS: Cash Disbursements are as they imply. To aid the families we serve, we will cover third party expenses and place them on our account as a convenience for you until the estate is settled.
Strict legislation ensures that these items are not marked up and only the exact "cost" is included on the funeral account. Typical cash disbursements might include:
- Newspaper Notices
- Clergy or Church Honorarium
- Organist and/or Soloist Honorarium
- Cemetery Charges / Crematorium charges
- Coroner's Cremation Certificate
- Floral Arrangements
- Memorial Video Montage
- District Registration
- Monument Lettering
(5) CASKET & MERCHANDISE SELECTIONS: This section is specific to the casket that a family selects. All of our caskets and merchandise are priced separately - meaning the price you see for the casket is for the casket alone. Some of the other types of merchandise you might find in this section of the funeral account are:
(1) Burial Vaults
(2) Cremation Urns.
Again, each is itemized based on your selection and a total is itemized under the "Casket & Merchandise Selections.
(6) GOVERNMENT IMPOSED TAX (G.S.T.)
Unfortunately the government in 1990 imposed a tax on applicable items.
In closing, we hope and trust now that you have read the above information, you will have a better understanding of what is involved regarding our service charges. If you should have any questions, comments or concerns, please have no hesitation in contacting us.
For further information about detailed costs and specific options regarding our schedule of service charges, we invite you to visit the Pilon Family Funeral Home in Arnprior (Appointments are recommended 613-623-5194)